I spent the whole day outside coaching at a tennis tournament so we stayed in and watched a totally adorable movie, "Leap Year"!
I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS MOVIE for the following reasons:
1. I love Amy Adams - she will always be Giselle to me from Enchanted and she is awesome!
2. I went to Ireland in 2000 with a man with whom I was truly, madly deeply in love. I have such wonderful memories of that trip. This movie brought back the magic that is Ireland!
3. I love Matthew Goode - he is awesome in this role.
4. The wedding toast. It had to be one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. A bride says to her groom:
May you never steal, lie or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, lie with me all the nights of my life. And if you must cheat, then please cheat death, because I couldn't live a day without you. Cheers!
5. The music - I am definitely going to have to check itunes for this soundtrack.
6. The premise of the Claddagh ring. My Mom bought me my first claddagh ring and bracelet. My boyfriend at the time and I were going to buy claddagh rings in a small jewellery store on Galway Bay. Sadly, we never made it back to the store. HUGE regret!
I love most romantic comedies because they always have happy endings and renew my faith in love. But this one really touched me - I am not sure why but I am looking forward to seeing it again. And again. And again.