Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chairs chairs chairs!

As I am making some serious progress on my dining room, my crazy head always starts to jump ahead a little bit. Now that I have my amazing Craigslist dining table, my thoughts are turning to chairs. This is my dream chair - my inspiration piece...



As I have been searching the internet for a comparable and very affordable (aka cheap) alternative, I came upon these at Cost Plus World Market...




I went and sat in them and they are very comfortable and on sale now until April 24th for $99! I can add my own chrome nailheads later if I feel they need a little bling. But then I was thinking about navy and white chairs. And then I was thinking about having a white chair with a navy logo - be it a crest, initials, crossed tennis racquets, etc. That would be so cute for summer! And then I found these amazing little slip covers...



They are from http://couchpotatoslipcovers.blogspot.com. She made them out of painter's dropcloth. What a perfect fabric for spring and summer and I could then stencil them! I googled "tennis crest" and came up with this little beauty by Boatman Geller:


I imagine a variation on this in stenciled in navy on the back of the chair with a striped grosgrain ribbon border. So with that I am off to start the wainscoting! Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment